Terms of Service
Effective as of October 12, 2020.
- LICENSE GRANT. This TOS provides to You a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to use the Site conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOS. You may print and download materials and information from the Site solely for your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright, trademark and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information.
- RESTRICTIONS. You may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein the Site.
- USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Site in order to view any information and materials, register or enter into a transaction with or through Hound Labs for any reason, or submit information of any kind, You represent that You are at least the legal age of majority and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Site, including, without limitation, when You provide information via a Site registration or submission form. The Site is not intended for use by minors. Parents and guardians should monitor the use of the Site by minors. Children under age 13 should not use the Site at all. If a child under age 13 submits information through any part of the Site, and we become aware that the person submitting the information is under age 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as reasonably possible. In addition, You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and access to the Site is solely at your own risk.
- OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to payment for or participation in a program or event. You agree to abide by such other notices, terms, and conditions, as applicable. If there is a conflict between this TOS and other notices, terms, and conditions posted to the Site, Hound Labs shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion, but the latter terms shall generally control with respect to such donation, payment, or participation.
- USE RESTRICTIONS. You agree that by using the Site You will not upload, post, display, or transmit any of the following materials on the Site:
- Files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Site.
- Anything that interferes with or disrupts the Site or the operation thereof;
- Statements or material that violates other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements;
- Statements or material that encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
- Statements or material that contains vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable language or images that typically would not be considered socially or professionally responsible or appropriate in person; and
- Statements or material that impersonates any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including, without limitation, employees and representatives of Hound Labs.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES. Hound Labs may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating or accessing related information, products, and/or services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by Hound Labs and are maintained by third parties over which Hound Labs exercises no control. Accordingly, Hound Labs expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party Web sites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any Web site or the products or services provided by any third party.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HOUND LABS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF HOUND LABS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ADDITION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF HOUND LABS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO HOUND LABS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE OR $2,500 (US), WHICHEVER IS LESS.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. This TOS will take effect the moment You click “ACCEPT”, register, respond to a request for information, and/or begin downloading, accessing, or using the Site, whichever is earliest. Hound Labs reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraudulent or unlawful activity or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this Agreement, to deny You access to the Site or to any portion thereof in order to protect its name and goodwill, its business, and/or other Users, and this TOS will also terminate automatically if You fail to comply with its terms and conditions, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without notice and may impact your membership status with Hound Labs. You may also terminate this TOS at any time by ceasing to use the Site, but all applicable provisions of this TOS will survive termination, as identified below, and each re-access or use of the Site will reapply this TOS (then in effect) to You. Upon termination, You must destroy all copies of any aspect of the Site in your possession. The provisions concerning Hound Labs’ proprietary rights, disclaimers of warranty and liability, waiver and severability, entire agreement, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOS for any reason.
- WAIVER & SEVERABILITY. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOS will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by Hound Labs of any right under this TOS will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOS is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOS shall continue in effect.
- INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOS, including, without limitation, with respect to unauthorized use of Hound Labs proprietary assets, will cause irreparable injury to Hound Labs, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and Hound Labs would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that Hound Labs shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOS. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that Hound Labs post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to Hound Labs to enforce any provision of this TOS.
- GOVERNMENT USERS. If You are, or You are using the Site on behalf of, a US a federal government entity, Hound Labs provides the Site solely as follows: Government technical data and software rights related to the Site include only those rights customarily provided to the public as defined in this TOS. This customary commercial license is provided in accordance with FAR 12.211 (Technical Data) and FAR 12.212 (Software) and, for Department of Defense transactions, DFAR 252.227-7015 (Technical Data – Commercial Items) and DFAR 227.7202-3 (Rights in Commercial Computer Software or Computer Software Documentation). If greater rights are needed, a mutually acceptable written addendum specifically conveying such rights must be executed with this TOS.
- DISCLAIMER. THE SITE IS OFFERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. HOUND LABS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, ANY USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR ACCURACY OF THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS (TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY UNDER THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT AS ENACTED BY ANY STATE. HOUND LABS ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED FASHION OR THAT ANY MESSAGE, FILE, AND/OR INFORMATION WILL BE STORED, ARCHIVED, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE IN A MANNER FREE OF VIRUSES OR CONTAMINATION OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT HOUND LABS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER USERS OF THE SITE.
- SECURITY. While Hound Labs has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, You should understand that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site over the Internet or other form of global communication network cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Hound Labs is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site. You must make your own determination as to such issues.